Taiwan Experience Education Programs (TEEP)
Education Division, TECO-Boston
|No||Program Name||School||Term||Period of Apply||Tuition||Program Summary|
|✽1||Taiwan Treasure Map Project||National Taiwan University||4 weeks||deadline: 2016/3/18||scholarship available||1) Internship at one of the five slected natural areas in Taiwan. Participants will have to work with local rangers and review English documents, take observation records and draw a treasure map of this internship at the end of the program.
2) Provide allowance of NT $10,000 (approximately US $330) per month
3) Participants can communicate with the rangers in English.
|☆2||Meet Your Possibilities in Taiwan: Culture, Academics, Industry||National Tsing Hua University||9 weeks; 24 weeks||2016/5/9~2016/8/22||limited scholarship available||1) The research internship is under the guidance of a faculty advisor from College of Engineering. Each participant will work collaboratively with his mentor on an on-going research project or a new project of mutual interests.
2) The industry internship includes a hands-on experience in Ta Tung University.
3) A limited number of Global Engineer Leadership(GEL) scholarship will provide round trip airline tickets up to NT $15,000 (approximately US $500) and free accommodation at university residence hall.
|3||International Short-term Program: Explore Taiwan at Providence University||Providence University||8 weeks||2015/12/01~2016/02/01||$2,500||Mandarin language courses and culture experience field trips|
|4||2016 NCTU Taiwan Elite Internship Program||National Chiao Tung University||8 weeks and more||2015/12/07~2016/06/07||scholarship available||1) Students will be conducting research on either a small independent project or assisting an ongoing project in the host laboratories. Resarch specialties include engineering, social science, computer science, biological science, computer engineering and management.
2) Provide one round-trip airfare and scholarship of NT $5,000 (approximately US $166.66)
3) Do not require tuition and fees, however, students need to pay for housing and other equipment fees as they are selected to the program.
|5||Inter-Asia Culture Studies Global Network||University System of Taiwan||8-16 weeks, 1 semester||2015/04/01 ~ 2016/01/31||depends on the courses; scholarship available||1)Students spend a majority of their time learning research techniques, collecting data, attending workshops, conferences and academic activities, interacting with distinguished scholars and professionals and being immersed in cutting-edge knowledge.
2) Independent research and field internships include: The National Film Center, art galleries, museums, community cultural institutions, social movements, and the media (print media and Internet media).
3) Some of the slective courses are taught in English
|6||International Consulting Program in Taiwan||National Sun Yat-sen University||10 weeks||April, 2016||scholarship available||1) Consulting program and Mandarin language courses Professional consultants will accompany the students to deal with the case.
2) Monthly subsidy of NT $10,000 (approximately US
3) The application for the 2016 program will open in late April, 2016. Program Period: July~ August, 2016 More updated information will be posted on this page soon.
|✽7||International Innovation & Entrepreneur Leadership Experience Program (II/ELE)||Chung Yuan Christian University||3 weeks||April, 2016||$1,100||1) International activities implemented joint seminars, including student members of the CYCU and affiliate international school students; all attending a ninety-hour course lectures in English. The topics at hand comprised of: fieldwork, corporate visits, and a Business Plan contest.
2) The program is taught in English.
3) Application information regarding the 2016 program will be announced soon.
|✽8||Industrial Academic Leadership Experience Program (II/ALE)||Chung Yuan Christian University||3 weeks||April-May, 2016||$1,100||1) 15 hours of international lectures, nine business field and 13.5 days of group projects
2) Courses are taught in English
Summarize from the website of TEEP: www.studyintaiwan.org/teep
For further information regarding each program, please consult the university directly.
☆ : the program provides internship opportunities in enterprises
✽ : courses of the program are taught in English